Work with Knowledgeable Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, our attorneys are experienced and know exactly what steps to take in order to receive the most compensation possible. Our motor vehicle accident attorneys in Ogden, UT, are well versed in this complex area of the law. We can handle the investigation of your case and the pursuit of compensation while you tend to your recovery and personal needs. If you have suffered an injury in a motor vehicle accident, contact our law firm today to schedule your free consultation to discuss your case.
About Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents may involve two or more cars, large commercial trucks or semis, or motorcycles. A motor vehicle accident is almost always due to negligence on the part of one or more of the drivers involved. A driver may be negligent and found at fault for the accident if he or she:
- Disregards traffic signs or signals,
- Fails to use a turn signal,
- Speeds or drives too slow,
- Disregards the weather or road and traffic conditions,
- Drives under the influence of alcohol or drugs,
- Improperly or excessively changes lanes or fails to look before changing lanes,
- Drives on the shoulder, median, or emergency lane to pass, or
- Is distracted while driving, most commonly using a cell phone to text or make a phone call
Motor vehicle accidents can range from minor fender benders with few, if any, injuries, to serious collisions with severe injuries for one or more of the drivers or occupants of the vehicles. In many cases, it can be difficult to find and prove which driver is at fault, making it even more essential to work with an experienced attorney.
After a Motor Vehicle Accident
To help find and prove that another driver was at fault and to ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation, it is important to follow certain steps. At the scene of the accident (if you are able), you should:
- Collect the names, addresses, and phone numbers of each driver involved in the accident.
- Collect the names, addresses, and phone numbers of the passengers in each vehicle (if any), as well as any additional witnesses to the accident.
- Collect the policy numbers and insurance company names for all other drivers involved.
- Note any injuries to yourself or someone else.
- Document any damage to all vehicles involved.
- Collect the names of the police officers or highway patrol offers who responded to the accident.
- Document the name of any driver that claimed responsibility for the accident.
Our motor vehicle accident attorneys will handle every aspect of your case so that you can focus on your much-needed recovery.
By taking these steps, you will have provided us with much of the information we need to fully investigate and pursue your case. If you suffered an injury as a result of the accident, the attorneys at Your Injury Attorneys can help you navigate filing insurance claims and getting proper medical treatment. We handle every aspect of your case so that you can focus on your much-needed recovery.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you or a loved one suffered an injury as a result of a motor vehicle accident, our attorneys can provide you with the legal representation necessary to ensure you are adequately compensated. Contact our law office today to schedule your free consultation. We will thoroughly review and investigate your case and walk you through the legal processes.
“Our reputation as genuine, ethical lawyers has been established because of our diligent, honest work, and proven results.” YOUR PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS